HOME / ABOUT ................................................... FAQ / SHOP

2/18/18

S E V E N T H I N G S || 2/18



1. Why we've GOT to re-define the term "self-care".

What Self-Care Is: Making our health and well-being a priority. Listening to and attending to what our body and soul needs so that we are able to live our lives with energy and purpose.
What Self-Care Isn’t: Numbing ourselves from reality, using coping mechanisms, or turning to addictive behavior to try to survive life.(quoted from the post linked above!)
2. Pressing Pause (100 devotionails for moms)

I'm really loving this new devotional book I picked up at a thrift store for like 50 cents!! I've been reading two a day and they always have a few tidbits that are perfect for whatever I'm dealing with that day!!

3. I got my "baby fix" snuggling this cutie TWICE last week!! =D

4. 31 Questions to ask for a more Christ Centered 2018

Josh and I have been slowly working our way thru this list of questions and answering them in our "marriage journal" (which we have formatted similar to THIS one). It has been so great for more communication, something which we definitely needed (continue to need!!) to work on!! 

5. Jesus I Am Resting

My new favorite rendition of one of my all time favorite songs.

6. I read a few books this week, including The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis.


I'm still "digesting" it so to speak. I've seen two of the movies (very random, completely out of order ones, I don't even remember which), but this was very very different than I was expecting! (But not in a bad way!!)

7. Philippians 1:6, my memory verse for the week!!

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN / BETHANY GRACE